So, on the 18th, the international office offered a trip to Auckland for the day, which included a stop at a museum and a park that overlooked Auckland. The museum didn't end up being possible, but we did go to the park. It was breathtaking. We climbed this hill called One Tree Hill (yes like the show) and the view was spectacular. It was really windy and it felt as if the wind was going to pick me up and throw me off the road at any moment, but it didn't. The whole feeling was exhilarating and so worth the trip.
After we left the park, they took us to Auckland to wander around and see the city for a couple hours. My friends and I went to this wonderful Thai place for lunch and walked down to the harbor, which was beautiful. I didn't really see much of Auckland, but it was nice to be there for a few hours.
then it was back to school and onto another week of classes, which was nice, I guess. Nothing too exciting happened, but I am having fun in several of my classes. I love English, as usual, and I think my theatre class will be quite good once I survive my 15min presentation.
Yesterday I had every intention to spend the afternoon doing my reading and researching for my presentation, but my friends wouldn't hear it. So they dragged me, willingly i guess, off to the Hamilton Gardens for the afternoon. They were beautiful, if a bit sparse since it is winter. The English Gardens reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, which shall be brilliant I hope. The Chinese and Japanese Gardens were my favorite.
So, we were supposed to take the bus into town for dinner, but someone messed up and the bus wasn't actually coming back to the Gardens, so we had to walk two miles into town. which was ok, but cold. but man did dinner taste wonderful after that walk!
then we were going to take the bus back to school, but it was done for the night. we had no luck yesterday, but we went grocery shopping and conned some friends with access to cars into coming to get us, so we didn't have to walk or take cabs. it was an entertaining night and I am quite happy to have such adventures since they make for some good stories and happy memories :).
We we finally got back, 5 hours after we left, I went to make plans with some friends about my post semester trip to the South Island. it is going to be sweet as! i cannot wait! there is so much to see, and so much to spend money on.
then we goofed off for awhile, watched a movie, and i finally went to sleep.
I finally got to read today, and now I am bored beyond belief. Shocking I am sure.
but that is about it for now. write more later. Love to all!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment